Monday, April 28, 2008

Nigel takes a walk

The other day when I went outside to do some work in the yard I took Nigel with me and after throwing the ball with him for a few minutes he took the ball and went over to the corner of the yard and hid it.

So I turned my attention to something else and a few minutes later I didn't see him so I called him an clapped my hands like I usually do and normally in a few minutes he will show up. This time he didn't. So I go around the house to look where I found him one other time and he wasn't there.

I got in the car and brought one of his squeak toys along with me and as I drove through the neighborhood I kept squeezing it hoping he would hear the sound and come running. I went up to the park and went out to the field that he knows, but did not see him. I got back in the car and drove around some more streets sqeaking the toy, but no Nigel.

I went back to the house and decided to put up a posting on the neighborhood electronic bulletin board and after about a half hour of trying figure out how to post to this board, being that I had recently changed my email address, I managed to post a plea for lost dog.

Then I got up and went to the kitchen door only to find Nigel standing there at the door smiling as if to say, "I'm not telling you where I went".

1 comment:

Jax and company said...

He'll always come back, you know! I ordered a tag for him with your address and phone numbers on it, it should be there in a few days.
jax