Saturday, June 14, 2008

A quick trip to Las Vegas





After arriving in Daytona Beach Tuesday afternoon I had Wednesday off to recover from the trip from Raleigh before embarking on a quick trip to Las Vegas to add some function to the Jersey Boys Theater in the Venetian Las Vegas.

The trip started with getting a cab to the Daytona Airport Wednesday night to pick up a rental car that would take me to the Orlando Airport where I would fly non-stop to Las Vegas. Arriving at the LV airport I went straight to the taxi line since I had only my carry on bag with my computer in it. The taxi took me straight to the job site and I began work on the items on my list.

After the work was done and tested, I stayed for the 7PM show to make sure everything went well and it did. Around 10 PM I walked across the street to the Treasure Island Hotel where I would stay until my morning flight back to Orlando. When I got to the head of the check in line the clerk told me that they had no rooms, but that she'd have to upgrade me to the Execturive Suite on the 33rd floor for the same price. I told her that would be ok.
As I entered the room, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was this nice entry way and straight ahead, out the window was the Wynn Hotels and Palazzo where I had just been. This room had two full bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a jacuzzi tub, a living room with a plasma TV and a bedroom separated by a frosted glass partition with another Plasma TV.

I took a few pictures with my cell phone camera since I didn't bring my Nikon D40 on this trip. The pictures are not very good coming off the cell phone, but they show a little of what this room was like.

1 comment:

Tom Daoust said...

Not bad pics for a phone camera. BTW, how do you get pics OUT of your phone?